Increase your wifi range with the Netgear EX8000 Setup for Tri-Band Range Extender. It has the same ultra-high bandwidth as Netgear’s X6S router and is compatible with other strong routers. You may increase the range to include all dead-zone areas of your house or office without losing internet speed.
The Nighthawk X6S router has enough range to easily cover a 2500 square foot household. At your location, Netgear EX8000 extender technology can cover the same range.
Netgear EX8000 Nighthawk Mesh Extender Setup | AC3000
Step-by-step instructions for the Netgear EX8000:
- Connect the EX8000 extender to the main router.
- Connect the Netgear EX8000 Nighthawk X6s AC3000 to a power outlet.
- Connect your router and extension with an ethernet wire.
- Enter mywifiext.net into any web browser’s search window.
- The Netgear Extender Login page will now appear.
- To connect the Netgear EX8000 to your primary router, create an account and follow the instructions.
- Place the extender in the desired location now.
- Once your Netgear EX8000 Nighthawk Mesh Extender is connected. Throughout your house or office, you will notice excellent connections.
How do I use Mywifiext.net to set up a Netgear EX8000?
- To set up the Netgear EX8000 Nighthawk Mesh Extender, follow these steps.
- Connect the EX8000 Nighthawk to an electrical outlet.
- On the X6s, the power led light will turn solid white.
- Turn on any wireless device, such as a phone or a tablet.
- Now go to your device’s settings and select the WIFI manager.
- An open network Netgear AC3000 Tri-band Extender will be seen there.
- Open Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge, or any other current web browser.
- Type mywifiext.net or the IP address 192.168.1.250 in the address bar at the top.
- You’ve arrived at the setup page for the Netgear EX8000 mesh extender AC3000.
Netgear AC3000 Extender Setup
To connect the Netgear AC3000 using the WPS technique, follow these steps:
- On the AC3000 Range Extender, turn it on.
- The EX8000 Mesh Nighthawk AC3000 extender should be placed nearby to your WiFi router.
- Wait for the Power LED to turn solid white before proceeding.
- Now, on the AC3000 extender, press the WPS button.
- Push the WPS button on the main router within a minute.
- Allow 2-3 minutes for your extender to connect to the main router.
- When you’re connected, the power, WPS, device, and router lights will all turn solid white.
- Finally, connect the Netgear AC3000 Nighthawk range extender to any wifi device.
How can I restore the factory default settings on the Netgear EX8000?
- To reset the Netgear EX8000 WIFI Range Extender, follow the steps below.
- Connect the Nighthawk EX8000 X6s to your primary router in the same room.
- When you see the wireless repeater’s power solid green lights, you’re ready to go.
- To reset the Netgear EX8000, use any paper clip or toothpick.
- Now press and hold the extender’s factory reset button for 10-15 seconds.
- Your extension power light turns amber while you’re resetting the AC3000.
- Wait for the power led light to turn green after releasing the pin hole.
- To connect your Netgear EX8000 to your new modem or router, follow the steps outlined above.
Netgear AC3000 X6s Firmware Update
Let’s look at how to check the firmware on a Netgear X6s wireless extender:
- Make sure your EX8000 extender is correctly hooked into the power outlet before updating the firmware.
- Use the Nighthawk Ext network to connect your smartphone or laptop.
- Go to your web browser and type www.mywifiext.net in the address box once you’ve connected.
- This is the page for the Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 X6s Extender.
- Log in to your account using your credentials.
- It will take a few minutes to check for any firmware updates.
- When you select “Yes,” the firmware for the Netgear AC3000 extender will be updated.
- Note: While updating the newest firmware, do not unplug or remove the Netgear AC3000 wifi extender from the power outlet.
Netgear EX8000 Manual Setup
Setup Nighthawk X6S AC3000 manually
For manual configuration of the Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 using the installation assistant:
- For initial configuration, keep your EX8000 extender close to your router.
- Connect it to a power source.
- Using an ethernet cable, connect your router to the extender.
- Now go to your device’s web browser and type www.mywifiext.net.
- The installation help from NETGEAR appears.
- To connect your extender to an existing router network, follow the instructions provided.
- Make that your extender is linked to your existing network before moving it to a new place.
There are five Ethernet ports on the back of the NETGEAR EX8000. Four of these are outputs, which you may use to connect your hardwired devices to the internet. One of them serves as a LAN connection. The LAN port allows the extension to function as an access point. This means you link it to a wired network, resulting in a whole new wireless network.
The only wire you’ll need to connect is a network cable if you’re using Netgear WiFi Range Extender Setup with web URL www.mywifiext.net. The extender connects to your router using a specialised backhaul channel rather than Ethernet. A 444 (also called as Quad MIMO) 5 GHz radio is used to control this. This means that on the 5 GHz network, there is a dedicated channel with four independent communication channels.
Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 Setup | AC3000
Steps to Troubleshoot the Netgear EX8000 Nighthawk Extender:
- Ex8000 Setup Instructions
- The main power supply is properly connected to the Nighthawk EX8000 extender.
- Check to see that your power outlet is in good operating order and isn’t broken or short-circuited.
- Make use of a fast internet connection.
- Check that all of the wires are correctly connected.
- Don’t use cables that have been damaged.
- Place your extension within the router’s signal range.
- If mywifiext.net isn’t working, double-check the spelling in the address bar.
- Your extender’s firmware should be updated to the most recent version.
- Restore the factory default settings on the Netgear EX8000 extender.